Shaktiman Square Fertilizer Broadcaster is used to spread fertilizer into farmers fields with greater efficiency than manual methods. The Broadcaster is tractor driven and spreads granular fertilizer with a rotating disk.
Intellectural Property Type
User Provision Model
Distributions to Date Status
Spreading width (m)
Storage capacity (kg or L)
The Fertilizer Broadcaster consists of a conical shaped hopper at the top, a rotating distributing disk at the bottom, and tractor mounting frame. Technical specifications are as follows:
|Hopper Capacity (ltr.)||400|
|No. of the Spreading Disc||1|
|Total Width (W)(mm)||1200|
|Total Length (L)(mm)||1014|
|Total Height (H)(mm)||1193|
|Working Width (mtr.)||14|
|Type of Gearbox Ratio||1:1|
|Required Power (HP/kw)||40-50/30-34|
|Total Weight (kg/lbs)||120/265|
Provided by the manufacturer at dealer locations Interview with representative
Provided by the manufacturer Interview with representative
10 years Interview with representative
Manufacturer Specified Performance Parameters
- Increased efficiency saving time, labour, and power consumption
- Uniform spreading of fertilizers
- Teeth gears protect machine against sudden power changes
Vetted Performance Status
A Commerical Test Report from the Department of Farm Machinery and and Power Engineering at Haryana Agricultural University yielded the following results:
|1||Field Condition||Levelled Field|
|2||Speed of field operaiton,km/hr||3.03 to 3.12|
|3.||Total fertilizer spreading width,m||13.78 to 13.91|
|4.||Fertilizer application rate, kg/ha||109 to 120|
|5.||Uniformity Coefficient||54.6 to 59.2|
|6.||Actual field capacity, ha/h||3.16 to 3.46|
|7.||Field efficiency,%||77.34 to 81.97|
|8.||Fuel Consumption, l/h||3.17 to 3.69|
|9.||Fuel Consumption, l/ha||0.97 to 1.13|
|10.||PTO power requirement,hp||5.8 to 6.4|
Safety instructions include the following but are not limited to:
- Protective clothing and equipment should be worn. Wear clothing and equipment appropriate for the job. Avoid loose fitting clothing.
- Prolonged exposure to loud noise can cause hearing impairment or hearing loss. Wear suitable hearing protection such as earmuffs or earplugs.
- Operating equipment safely requires the full attention of the operator. Avoid wearing radio headphones while operating machinery.
Academic Research and References
Cailing, L., 2017, Performance Analysis and Experiment on Fertilizer Spreader with Centrifugal Swing Disk Based on EDEM, Transactions of the Chinese Society of Agricultural Engineering, Vlume 33, Number 14, pp.32-39.
Manda, S., 2018, Performance Evaluation of Tractor Operated Fertilizer Broadcaster, International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences, ISSN: 2319-7706 Volume 7 Number 10.
Youtube video showing fertilizer spreader at work